Thread: Copper and my second silver thimble.

Threaded View

Copper and my second silver thimble.

I got out Sunday for a very humid day of hunting with SafariScott. We worked hard for about 3 hours and just at the end of the day I was able to hit this Mercury dime. Mercs are always a welcome site, but that was it for my Sunday hunt. Today OxShoeDrew and I were planning on heading to a site we had been to before but didn't get to spend much time at. As we were nearing our destination The Ox man got a call from 401k who offered us to come and hunt one of his colonial field sites. It was a welcomed invite and to be honest I wasn't into bushwacking in the woods today. With all the over growth its really hard work. As we started in on this beautiful place, ten minutes in I got the copper. It was 4 inches down and I'm pretty sure it's a King George, although i don't know what type. It's nearly toast but if you look close you can see an outline of the head. Finally, As I was walking over to 401k to run my machine over one of the signals he was checking I got a nice signal of my own. Cut the plug and low and behold a silver thimble showed up to say hello to me lol. I managed to bend it in the recovery but she's still a bute, and number two for me. Thanks for looking Thanks for the invite Scott. and HH everybody. Oh yea it's monogramed LMK
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Whites Spectrum DFX, Fisher F75

2012 Totals :
    Silver-6(oldest 1737 1 reale)
    Coppers-18(oldest 1724 KGI)
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143