I've been having such an adventure hunting/swingin' in one of my favorite arrowhead fields It is such a neat feeling to be in the middle of 100 acres of plowed earth, the space and the freedom-from my 2 young sons rofl Seriously it is very therapeutic. I've been finding Native Am points and knives for years and have known there was a house on the top of the hill in the center of the field due to china, glass and brick debris. I've collected it over the years in a special tin with goal of making some stepping stones. I have also created a nice display of points that I hang on our family room wall.

So, I've finally been getting out there with my V3i and found this CW bullet Really surprised me! And 10 flat buttons! I'm determined to find a coin... going back out this afternoon for a few hours.

A funny story- I took my friend arrowhead hunting/md'ing there last spring (we only found a couple flat buttons and lots of square nails that trip). It was her first time in a plowed field and new to detecting and at one point she yelled out to me I found a buckle I said wooo hooo!

Then she said what does CSA stand for? I was like WHAT?! And then she cracked up laughing rofl She knows more than she lets on...

I haven't found a whole lot there yet because I only have a couple hours here and there, but thought I'd go ahead and share and maybe get some help getting a time period from these items. The property owner knows there was a cabin on the hill and thinks it was from early settlement -Lexington, Ky (1779). He told me there's rumor of nearby farm owner who kept his gold coins in a can along the old fence row near the new subdivision. Supposedly he had died suddenly and might be there. The old house is still there, so I plan to ask owners to look one day. The property owner said he lived in the house years ago and took one of those things (pointing at my detector) but couldn't find the gold.

Here's a pic of the field I took while driving by earlier this fall (waiting for the soybeans to be harvested)...