Thread: An old fort on a frigid day

Threaded View

An old fort on a frigid day

Some friends and us (Krom and I) met up at an old fort on Sunday.
    The wind was whipping off the ocean and across the top ledge where we started.
    It was cloudy and far from the warm temps we have been experiencing here in Maine, so the wind bit to the bone.

We were all over that place Sunday and OMG..... I can't wait to go back....
    the old military buttons, old tokens, coppers and other stuff that came out of there ~ even old silver coins!
    We all knew this place hasn't been touched (some may have detected there in the past, but not enough to amount to a smidgen!)

I managed ok.... we took Lil Miss Penny with us and I was elected to hook her leash to my belt in the back
    so she could tool around without running off to say hi to all the other dogs in sight.
    Her leash and my headphone cords, even my detector, got tangled a few times but she had a blast!

I did ok.... got some junk, some clad, some arrow type thing and this ring....
    It's marked on the inside with MEX on one side of the stones and .925 on the other side of the stones.
    We're not sure what the stones are, but it was one of the best rings found that day. sorry... the lighting for this pic sucked.

Sorry... no pics of the site.... and don't ask. lol But it's beautiful.
    And yes, detecting IS allowed! (unless they decide some day to prohibit it there)
    Attached Images Attached Images