Thread: A Pint of Blood, a Gallon of Sweat, and a Few Keepers

Threaded View

A Pint of Blood, a Gallon of Sweat, and a Few Keepers

It was too hot tonight to hunt anywhere in the sun. So I headed to a wooded spot that had given up 1 wheat and an old pocket watch on my first hunt there a few weeks ago. I doused myself in bug spray knowing the mosquitoes would be bad. I had no idea. Within 15 minutes I had a swarm of them buzzing around but it seemed like the spray was keeping them at bay. Then they figured out I hadn't sprayed my eyeballs and a few of them gave it a go there. I was climbing up hill and sweating like crazy. I think the sweat washed the bug spray away because after 90 minutes the mosquitoes were no longer holding back. It's not easy to swat them off while wearing digging gloves cover it dirt. I did anyway and the dirt stuck to the sweat and soon I was a sweaty, bloody mess covered in dirt and squashed mosquito carcasses. Fun!

Anyway for all that I still had a good time and scored a few oldies including 3 wheats (1920, 34, & 44), a nice war nickel (43 P), and a V nickel (1893). I also dug 8 odd lead objects. I don't think they are bullets but I don't have any other ideas. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Happy hunting!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent