It has been quite a while since I last posted any finds. Of course, it would help if I did get out to detect, but I had been inactive on that end since June of last year. It has been only recently - early May of this year - that I again began to hit the parks. Prior to that my machine had been collecting dust for nearly a year. :-\

In early May I joined midas on a few hunts, and we both scored with several nice finds. Swinging the coil again got my rusty gears going, so I began to make more time for detecting. It took some creative time management though. For the most part I have been able to spend a couple of hours detecting now and then, but recently I have had the opportunity to spend more time hitting parks.

Unfortunately, I neglected to take photos of most of the finds made in May and early June. It wasn't until late June that I began to take photos of what I was finding.

Below are photos of some of the more interesting hunts. So far during these three months I have had six double-digit silver coin hunts totaling 77 silver coins. The total silver count is 144. I didn't take a photo of a 10 silver coin day because it had been early on and I had already co-mingled the coins with finds from last year. They were mercury and Barber dimes though.

The finds in the following photo are from a 3 1/2 hour hunt today, eight silver coins. The 1917 Standing Liberty quarter is a type I, my second type I this year. The first one I found is quite worn, but this one sure is a beauty.

The next few photos are of some of the finds I made in June.

This first photo is of 15 silver coins I picked up on a Saturday while detecting a very trashy site. The Standing Liberty quarter is dated 1925.

I had a limited amount of time on this particular day, so I headed to a local site, one that I had not been to before however. It was a small site, but it yielded six nice silver dimes. The seated and Barber were a pleasant treat.

This time I had a few more hours to work with, so I headed to an old site to tackle a trashy field. It took some effort coaxing the old silver out of the ground, but they sure were worth it. The only disappointment was that neither of the two 1916 mercury dimes has a 'D' mint mark.

Coppers, a 2-Cent piece, and a Spanish silver, dated 1781.

Each of these old silver coins were found at different sites. The 3-cent piece is dated 1852.

The rest of the photos. The thimbles are silver. One of the them has a name engraved on it - Hattie.

July has been a good month for silver. Below are photos of the best hunts.

The large cent is dated 1818.

On this day I had driven about an hour's distance only to find that the soil at my intended site had been redone. Who knows what had been carted away from that site. In any case, I walked over to an inviting adjacent piece of land, a part of the park that had apparently remained untouched. It did not disappoint. From there I carried away with me on this hunt 16 silver coins! The Walker was the hardest to get to as it had been under a layer of rocks and pebbles, probably mixed in along with new soil when a nearby walkway was added. It had not been fun digging while the temperatures hovered in the 90's, but the sixteen silver coins made it worthwhile.

Two days after digging up the 16 silver coins I headed to another location I had on my list of sites to hit. This day too had been a scorcher. The first 90 minutes or so yielded me five silver coins, all dimes. After that I took a break and headed to a local store to grab a cool drink. Once back at the site I decided to carefully grid the area I had been working This effort yielded me seven more silver coins, among them three Barber dimes, a 1779 half reale, and a 1906-O Barber half. I walked away from that site with 12 silver coins in my pouch.

I love digging the early date wheat cents. Most of the 30 in this pile are dated in the twenties and teens.

The soil at a new site I hit was just right for digging; not too hard or too soft. I pulled several old wheat cents from there, along with 11 mercury dimes, two Roosevelt dimes, and a worn 1917 type I Standing Liberty quarter. A total of 14 silver coins.

A hunt of Roosevelt dimes. Five more silver coins added to the pile.

I went back and picked up a few more silver coins.

While reviewing my list of sites I noticed that one I have had for a few years now actually had been labeled with an incorrect address. I corrected the error and then decided to finally check the place out. I drove there yesterday and worked it for about five hours. It turned out to be another silver-yielding site! I walked away with 10 silver coins from that place.

I wish everyone much success during your hunts! Keep digging and keep posting!