Thread: Don't overlook those common Coins

Threaded View

Don't overlook those common Coins

Hey everyone ! There's one thing I want to talk about that I haven't heard anyone mention before and that's looking over every coin you find, whether it's a Colonial or a coin from the 1800's and 1900's with a good Loop.
    In the past few months, since I haven't been out Detecting, I decided to take a closer look at my coin collection and what I found was amazing !! On three of my Silver Quarters ( 1963D's), I found they were actually Re-punched Mintmark Errors. There in Mint State and according to my CherryPicker's Guide Book and Ebay, their worth as much as 3 times their normal value. So, instead of being $15 coins there worth up to $45.
    I also found several Die Cracks as well. Die Cracks are more common than RPM's but they do increase the value.
    Another great Error I found was on a 1936 Wheatie is a Hub Break on the letter R in liberty. I found out this is a common error, so check any that you might have as well as the Quarters. I also found Hub Breaks on a 1868 Shield Nickel I had and that year is also known for this kind of error. Here are some of the coins. Can you spot the Errors ?
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now