Thread: Muck Bay ... 4 Gold Today 1 Silver

Threaded View

Muck Bay ... 4 Gold Today 1 Silver

thumbsup01Well I have been waiting to do this area for about a year now... The last time we were there it was Winter and about 25 degrees....I figured since everything was sanded in... It was time to think hard about areas that I haven't touched in quite a while... My buddy Leprechaun got Gold there last visit....he was rite on time and off we went... Got to my old area that gave Gold in the past, just about 2 hours before low tide... We worked the area slowly, and my first target was a stinkin Lincoln, back into the water and bang ! my second target was an Old Gold diamond setting, that was missing the stone.... Monkey off my back and it was Gold... I was in the correct frame of mind after scoring so fast... Started to grid the area, and a few minutes later ring number 2 came into sight... A beautiful 14 K Gold Wedding Band.... Now on cloud 9, I kept gridding, and a few coins here and there, I heard the low grunt of my Minelab 30 - 30 and I was sure it was Gold.... I couldn't believe it, when I looked into the mud I just dumped out, and sitting on top was my 3rd Gold Ring within 1 hour, This one had a Diamond that was set into a flower design....Back to the water and a sinker here and there, I tried to stay focused on gridding the area, it was thick with years of shin deep muck... A few feet and bang! another low tone,,,, hmmmm could it be? YES another Gold for the morning, man what a roll today....This one was very deep, and I could just about hear it... Glad I dug it too.... A very nice two tone White & Yellow Gold Wedding Band marked 14 K .... On our way out, I got a Sterling Antique Ring deep in the mud also, looks like some kind of an Indian design all around the outside of it... Maybe worth another visit soon... Not done gridding the area..Happy Hunting and thanks for looking.... :pirate:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    whydah