Thread: Potential Rochambeau campsite turns up* not much lol*1 copper & silver

Threaded View

Potential Rochambeau campsite turns up* not much lol*1 copper & silver

Got permission to hunt a tract of land in the vicinity of where General Rochambeau and his french army camped during the Revolutionary War.the guy that got me permission lives in a house around the corner and found a bayonet in his yard 30 years ago.everything seemed right.the same road,nice chunk of woods and the old house across the st was a tavern that the commanders frequented during their stay.i was pumped when walking in there.nice walls hardly any trash but hardly any targets.no buttons.i got a lone wiped out toasted copper,a few brass scraps and near the wall a great signal! a sterling pocket knife 2 ox shoes & 2 horse shoes
    After i felt i hunted this area good i walked down to the guys house and he let me hit his yard.i got 2 wheaties .his house was built in 1890 but a small yard and filled in crying01.one nice iron signal in his yard i dig down see a pointed tip..i'm like yeah baby!!!!!!!! bayonet!!!!!!!!!!!! ummmm old rusty file.wasn't a bad day i suppose but a bummer when you have visions of french rev war buttons etc and walk out with your tail between your legs
    If anyone has any info on the hallmarks on this knife & company/age etc I'd appreciate it.i'm figuring 1940's or so? one stainless blade and apparently the other wasn't stainless as it fell apart as i was cleaning it which loosened up the good blade ad now i'm able to open it up
    Hopefully Todd & me have a good day sunday!
    Attached Images Attached Images                
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW