I received two new toys in the mail. A Garrett Pro Pointer ana a Lesche digging tool.
What a difference that made! Today was my fourth time out with my Fisher F4 (Christmas present) and I had already broken two digging trowels and was fed up with generic junk.
The ProPointer was the best choice ever, it made a HUGE difference locating the targets and the Lesche tool was excellent (some of the ground resembled perma frost). I only worked over the smaller/older playground and it was all frozen mulch)
I work at an elementary school and asked the principal if it was ok to come over and he gave me permission to hunt anytime I wanted.
My learning curve improved alot, learning the difference between a genuine coin tone to something close but not really a coin. And the pro pointer was the best investment I could have made. The deepest coin was almost 10" deep and it was a quarter. I was quite proud of myself on that one.
Thank you to all that have posted tips and advice as this has really helped me learn alot.
My grand total was $1.42 in coins, one Chucky Cheese token and a handful of scrap metal, foil and zipper pulls.