Whoo Hoo! First Hunt in 4 Months!
We finally had some nice weather and thawed ground here in Illinois. So I knew what I was going to do! And I figured I'd see what my good friend Tony Two Cent was up to. We made plans Saturday night to meet up Sunday morning for a nice long hunt. I told him of a park I checked out on Google maps. We made plans to meet up there at 8ish . I was there a little early so I decided to check out the signs for the park rules.
Good thing I did! This is what I found.

So onto plan B. Tony took me to the old school grounds he hunted last weekend and found his Walking Liberty half.
Tony went one way I went the other. About a half hour in I found my first wheatie of the year. I figured I was in a good area. Within the next 20 minutes I got my first silver of the year! a '51 Rosie. As I was going along I got a screaming quarter signal right on the surface. I checked the grass with my pin pointer, located it,

...and this is what I pried out of the grass...

I ended up with $4.18 in clad, the class ring, 14 wheaties, 2 Rosies ('51D, '52D), a 1941 Merc, and a 43D War nickle.

Not a bad way to start off the new season! It was really nice to get out and get a little dirt under the nails!

Thanks for lookin' & HH