Thursday I skipped out on work and headed North to Wisconsin. Jeff "Fire Fighter 43" invited me up for a hunt at a church he recently obtained permission for. It was a good hunt right off the bat! The first hole was a wheatie.
The second hole was this.

1909 V nickle.

A few more wheaties and about a couple hours or so into the hunt I got a 12-45 @ 4 or 5 inches. Which was a little shallower than the wheaties were running. I dig the plug, clean around a few roots and pry this out from under the roots.

A 1942 Merc!
That means no "Silverless Drive Home of Shame" for me!
Unfortunately that's when the memory card on the camera was full.
We hunted there for about 5 hours. I was hunting around a huge pine tree were I had found a few wheats and the first the first V nickle and I got a 12-25 at about 5 inches. Thinking it was going to be a pulltab for sure I dug down flipped the plug over and seen a imprint of a coin on the bottom of the plug! Now I'm thinking This going to be Fatty!! Or maybe a flying Eagle!! Sure enough I found this in the loose dirt in the hole....

My first FATTY!!!! Whoo Hoo! My first FATTY!! A holed 1863!! I don't care about the hole. It adds character!
Heres a look at the back.

Before we headed over to Jeff's famous picnic groove, I was able to get another IH, a 1864! Plus a 1899o Barber dime!

Then we made a short drive over to the picnic groove. Ate our lunches on thew way. We had 3 or 4 hours left to hunt before we had to call it a day. The picnic groove didn't disappoint once again! Right before leaving I even managed another silver for the day. Another Barber dime. A 1902 this time.
Heres the keepers from the groove.

A fun day of swing with my buddy Jeff. At a couple of great spots! I can't thank Jeff enough for being kind enough to take me along to these great locations! Thanks again Jeff!

Here's all the keepers for the day. Minus the 20+ wheaties.,

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone!
Hope everyone had a happy Easter!!