Thread: Sat, & Memorial day hunts*great variety of finds* PICTURE HEAVY

Threaded View

Sat, & Memorial day hunts*great variety of finds* PICTURE HEAVY

Saturday got out with Dave to some cellar holes that Dave had hit with a few guys in the past. Lot's of hiking but manages to squeak out an 1876 CC seated dime on the lip of a trashy cellar along with my 1st shield nickel. On the final cellar hole I nabbed a very interesting patriotic eagle button looking piece. Don't think it's an actual military button due to the hooked shank on the back. maybe some one knows what it is.

Memorial day was a hunt to remember. With permission to hunt on private woods we felt good about going to this site. Seems that Dave got all the large coins and I got all the small ones. I pocketed a nice variety of coins that included two more seated dimes that were a few inches away from an Indian head coin spill that had 3 injuns in one hole. I think all 5 coins were from the same spill. Not far from this area in one of the fields I also scored a wiped out Draped Bust copper.

Around the cellar hole I discovered my most interesting finds of the day. A two cent piece, a beautiful womens locket or pocket watch still with some gold plate or gilt on it and then my favorite find being a store token that replicates a $5 dollar gold coin. The token reads "Macne Tic Powder & Pills, For Insects & Rats" and on the obverse side it reads "424 Broadway NewYork". I believe it to be a mid 1800's store token. Also got a great assortment of cloak buttons that seem to be 1700's style along with one half of a set of cufflink.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                    
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee