Thread: Game from roaring 20's and some silver

Threaded View

Veteran Member

Game from roaring 20's and some silver

Was able to get out yesterday to a local park that I have been detecting on and off over the last few weeks. Found some interesting relics and a lot of clad, almost $20 in the last two weeks, part of a brass trigger guard, and a 39 merc.
    So thought I would give it a try again and had some great luck. First interesting find was the "O-BOY" spinner game. When I first saw it I thought it was a large cent but then saw the edge and said oh no way. Then when I started to get some of the dirt off I could see the face and made out the arrow piece was a spinner. Turned it over and on the back it said that it was manufactured by the Bonne Chance Corporation New York City. I was able to find some information on it through advertisements dating in 1921-1922. Pretty interesting find.
    As for the silver just after i found the game I found the 45d mer, then the 43 war nickle, and when I was heading back to the truck to leave hit the 35 Washington. My first three silver day. Also ended the day with another $9.45 in clad.
    Thanks for looking, Safe & HH

Name:  20140608_173846.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  65.3 KB
    Last edited by Timewarpdigger; 06-08-2014 at 05:16 PM.