The weather here in Bavaria had warmed up the water enough to do some water hunting so I took my AT Pro down to a local swimming hole to do some water detecting. The first day, I found a couple of Euros and the same the second day.

At the end of the second day, I got out of the water and detecting back to where my Jeep was parked and found a couple more Euros along the way. My machine performed flawlessly.

The third day, I got my AT Pro out and saw that my LED screen was turned on. I couldn't turn it off, so I changed the batteries. It turned on with one beep and I noticed that EVERYTHING on the LED screen was turned on. Again, I couldn't turn it off. That's when I saw WATER on the inside of the LED screen! I was SO angry you can't imagine it!

I never was never more than chest deep and the LED unit was never deeper than 12 inches. I DOUBLE CHECKED all connections on both days, plus it worked just fine after I got out of the water on the second day!

I called Garrett as my AT Pro is only 10 months old and they told me to send it to an authorized repairer in Germany, which I did. I have NO IDEA how this could have happened as my unit was never more than 12 inches underwater!

Has this happened to anyone else?