Warning: Lame report....

This weekend was a bust. Wandered into local woods I figured out who owned. Found stone walls, ammo leavings, and crazy growth & spider infestations. Oh well.

Got home tonight tonight before 7PM to find the power was out. Was laughing with a friend earlier that it looked like my area was getting pounded again (had hail last night). D'oh...
It was gorgeous out by now, so grabbed the detector and went out to hit the lawn until the power came back or dark. I have 2 or 3 acres of what must be fill the property was built over to detect on. From the mapping I've found, this area wasn't developed much earlier than the late 60's. 2 oxen shoes a couple months ago when I first got the detector, to finally hitting it again today.

The fake button was shallow (it's a 2 piece jacket snap), but everything else was 6-8" down. The iron ring was super crusty, I think that's a lantern piece (?), a brass or bronze wing nut and part of the threading, and I question the buckle heritage. The penny and dime represent other coins I pulled here, mid to late 60's (dime is 65). Silver hates me apparently.

Slow digging is better than no digging.
Name:  hourofpower.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  135.0 KB