So, got a PM from a guy last week on a fishing site I've been on for a dozen years. Lost his wedding ring while clearing leaves out of the yard a couple weeks ago. He must have saw my report on detecting in our Outdoors forum from earlier in the summer, and got hold of me.

Headed over this morning in low 40's temps and gale force winds. He's pretty sure it came off in the backyard, and it's a tungsten ring. Bundled up and headed out back with him. The yard wasn't too big, nor was the ring in it. So, we moved deep in the back yard where it meets the woods (and the leaves wind up). Didn't take long at all after that. Found it under a dumped pile of leaves, almost on the ground. Woohoo! Rang up an 80 VDI.

Told him in advance no pay required, but wound up with about 5lbs of venison stew meat and steaks. Anyone near me wants a couple lbs of steaks, let me know.
And the hunting club he's a member of has some sort of foundation holes on the property. He thinks they may have been hit, but I'll be able to hit the property legally this spring.

Name:  Ring1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  96.9 KB
Name:  Ring2.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  60.3 KB
Name:  Ring3.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  63.5 KB

Once I got home and put the venison freezer, realized I didn't want to be cooped up in the house a 2'nd day. It really wasn't that bad out. So headed to one of the local parks and fiddled around in the soccer fields for a couple hours. Bunch of clad, and a few VDI curiosities. The item on the bottom left looks to be the bottom of a police badge maybe? Just under 2" wide. Have to look it up later.

Name:  SoccerCrap.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  124.2 KB