Hey diggers,
Today I drove about an hour north to check out a small park I found on Google maps. It was obvious the park had been hunted pretty hard. It took me an hour and a half to get 2 wheat cents! I was ready to call it quits and come home (it was 28 degrees!) when I spied a nice old brick house on the corner. I knocked on the door and the gentleman was very nice and gave me the okay to hunt! He told me the house was built in 1905. My first good signal was a 12-12 at 6 inches and out popped a nice buffalo nickel. I found 2 or 3 more wheat cents but the yard didn't have a lot of coins. I got a solid 12-44 at 7 inches and found a very nice old ring. I'm thinking it looks Victorian to me so maybe 1880s or 1890s?

The homeowner's wife came out to see how I was doing and I showed her what I had found. She casually mentions that they also own a much older home a few blocks away and I'm more than welcome to try there also! Once I finished the side yard I jumped in the truck and drove over to the other house. It was a very large late Victorian style house and even had a tower (belfry?) on top!

My very first signal came in at 08-48 at 5 inches deep. Sounds like a silver quarter I said to no one in particular. I flipped the plug and swept the hole. It was in the plug. I moved the dirt a bit and could see the edge of a silver quarter. It looked a bit odd for a Washington though. It had a bird's wing across the back and that's when I realized I had found my first ever SLQ! I also found a silver Roosevelt dime and a few more wheat cents.

Here is some pics. Thanks for looking and HH, Dave.

Name:  IMG_0558.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  50.9 KB

I found at least one wheat cent from each decade they were produced.

Name:  IMG_0565.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  56.7 KBName:  IMG_0566.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  56.6 KB

A real nice 1924-D! I am just thrilled with this coin.
Name:  IMG_0563.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  54.1 KBName:  IMG_0564.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  51.5 KB

This is probably the nicest buffalo I have dug.
Name:  IMG_0561.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  40.5 KB

This came in at 10-35, 8 inches deep. A very nice 1880.
Name:  IMG_0569.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  49.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0570.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  62.5 KB

I love this old time medicine tin. It contains no "enslaving drugs" too!

Name:  IMG_0571.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  69.6 KBName:  IMG_0572.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  77.4 KB

This is a really nice watch fob and still has most of it's gold gilt.

Name:  IMG_0573.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  28.1 KBName:  IMG_0574.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  34.6 KB

I think this is the oldest ring I have ever found. The missing stone was lost before the ring came off someone's finger. You can see how the prongs that held the stone in had worn completely away from years of being worn. I'm thinking late 1800s on this but I welcome all your ideas!