Thread: Door Knocking with Ill Digger / Digger Al Dug Large Cent # 2 / Awesome Day

Threaded View

Door Knocking with Ill Digger / Digger Al Dug Large Cent # 2 / Awesome Day

We met up with Ill Digger this morning to do a little hunting. We started at an old park and hit it for about an hour and a half.
    None of us did too well there, so on to plan B, Door knocking. We got a yes at the first house we tried. Tim ( Ill Digger ) did quite well at this house. I'll let him tell his story.

Once again, Alec struck first with a 1941 Washington and a 1957 Rosie 3 inches apart. I followed about 15 minutes later with a 1964 Rosie. A while later, Al dug a 1901 Indian. Tim had to leave for a while to attend his sons baseball game. While he was gone, Alec and I hit a house from the 1850s. Once again, Alec struck first with a 1917 merc. About 20 minutes later, I dug a 1941 Washington. Alec Finished up with another of those Safety Patrol Badges.

When Tim got back, we ( when I say we, I mean Alec ) decided to hit an old farm house outside of town. Alec found one on Historic map works that was on the 1870 map. When we got there, the home owners were very nice and said yes.
    Once again, Alec struck first with an 1835 Large Cent. He followed that with an 1867 Indian Head. Tim got a few keepers as well. I managed a few wheats. When we finished, we sat on the porch for about 45 minutes talking to the home owners about our hobby and the history of the area. Very Nice People!

We had a great time hunting with Tim. Looking forward to the next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos