Thread: War of 1812 Relics...What a day!*picture Heavy*

Threaded View

War of 1812 Relics...What a day!*picture Heavy*

Dave and I hunted 12 hours Saturday at three new Cellar holes. The day started off with a KGIII within the first 15 mins of swinging but for the next few hours, things really slowed down for me. The targets were scarce for me after the KG coin at the first cellar and when we moved on to the second site, we had to work very hard for our targets. We finally decided to move onto the 3rd site in the later hours of the day. This is when things really started to get exciting.

My first target here was an Escutcheon musket plate and a KGII in the same hole. A little while after, I got a jumpy signal that was giving me more of a low button signal. Dug the hole and pulled out three buttons and a piece of iron. One of the buttons was the 1808-1830 Federal Artillery "Eagle and Cannon on High Ground". A few inches from that hole was another Artillery button, one piece convex Eagle button. Later on I got stopped in my tracks with a very high 90's VDI that I was thinking big flat iron. Dug 9-10 inches down and got a very ornate Sword Hilt and most likely War of 1812 due to the other pieces we were recovering. Dave had a great day as well and you bet we are heading back there.
    Attached Images Attached Images               
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee