Thread: Quest for 300 Merc's finished with a bang and 1st 2 cent piece sort of

Threaded View

Elite Member

Quest for 300 Merc's finished with a bang and 1st 2 cent piece sort of

On May 21st I found my 298 and 299th Mercury dime since starting again in 2012. Since that day Merc's have been tough. Found silver but none were Merc's. Well today I hit it with a bang. Not only did I get 300 but I hit a Trifecta as well. Well earned as all the coins were deep and the Barber (the last coin) was as deep as I have ever found a coin (probably 10 inch range). Along the way to 300 the last couple of weeks I got a new permission and managed to find a few other silver. Hit a Barber and Indian at an old Church Camp site and a Washington and Rosie (5 coin spill) at my other new permission. I also managed to find a 2 Cent Piece, unfortunately it is from Belgium. This is the oldest coin I can ever remember finding and that includes the 70's when I was a kid. The coin is dated 1851 and is in remarkable shape for its age. This was found at the same site I found my Civil War store card coin last year. All in all its been a fun quest and now I am shooting for 100 silver on the year. That may take awhile as I am at 63 right now. A little picture heavy but I tried to get both sides of the Belgium coin. Keep swinging Wisconsin Digger
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 1 Indian - 14 Wheats - $ 5.71 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes