The last dig with Dan a couple weeks ago was a near skunking. I managed a coin purse clasp. Just one of those days.
Last Saturday I had to pass on digging. A long term maintenance project at work maintenance project at work has gotten got my right elbow cranky (tendonitis). I tried a couple short digs last Wed and Thurs, but that wasn't helping my elbow.

I was only digging around random walls in the woods a town over, wasn't expecting much, and got a surprise. A low 10-13 VDI @ 5 inches gets me my 1'st confirmed military button! A general service cuff button I believe (13-14mm). It's a bit toasty, and a little crunched on the right side. The shield is missing the "I", which means it's no older than the mid 1850's. Correct me if I'm wrong, just using my Albert's book for reference. And this was my only notable find those two days. Scratch that off the bucket list!
Name:  CuffFront.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  CuffBack.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  25.6 KB

That night I pulled my 31" Sampson t-handle out of the car to wash the caked dirt off it, leaned it against the house on the patio, and it grew legs overnight. This is a very quiet neighborhood, that was an eyebrow raiser and head scratcher.
Amazingly, one of the FB groups did a quick fundraiser for me (I'm hardly broke, planned on replacing it ASAP) and the new one should be here tomorrow!

Went out the next day for the Thursday hunt in the same area (sans shovel), got skunked, and one of the earphone retainer clips shattered for my wireless headphones, and off my head they went. They both had stress cracks, and I got lazy and never ordered replacements. White's is sending out the clips, and I requested new earphone cushions as well since mine are drying out and cracking after 4 years. Those will be showing up today. Great customer service.

Hoping to get out Saturday or Sunday for a little digging if my elbow settles down, but I'll be swinging lefty.
Name:  Whoops1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  Whoops2.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  45.1 KB