I don't post much, but after much peer pressure from Handman and Tanacat, here I am.
My mom and stepdad came up for the long weekend. My stepdad has a Minelab that he has only used a couple times seeing as they live in Louisiana and detecting on public land there is not allowed. Kevin/Handman was very gracious and spent three days detecting with us trying to help educate my stepdad on how to use his machine. (of course he is still teaching me about my XLT!). Anyway, I don't have pictures of these things yet, but our first two days we spent on Kevin's turf at a 1800's home and as I was digging for the usual rusty nail, happened upon what we think was the old dump behind the house. I ended up with at least six or seven old intact bottles, LOTS of glass, some bisque doll pieces, a very thin silver ring and who knows what else!
The last day we spent in my town and at the very end of the day, we were at a home with a very small yard that once was the land a carnival was on and also has area in the back yard that was once the old alley. Luckily for me, because the yard was small, Handyman left his detector in the car and let just my stepdad and I at it! Here I found my first old coin (besides a few wheaties in the past) at only an INCH down! Went over about a foot and found the second at about three inches. Finally the pressure is off!!
(I have no idea if these pictures will show up)