Trooper Bri and I hit a coupe of sites yesterday in the chilly New England air , with the temps being very cool and all the foliage off the trees and brush makes for a very enjoyable time to detect and look for those elusive new sites. The first site we hit is an older site we detected (for just a couple of hours) a few weeks ago but from some were quality finds . it deserved another round of swinging plus we located a small cabin type dwelling down the hill from it , it wasn't far from there where i first got a large colonial dandy button . this is when i slowed down and focused more and about 10 yards away got another good hit . Boy was i pleased to see a small disk of silver in the hole and quickly yelled to Brian ,"hey I got a silver coin"

a nice 1778 Spanish half real (war era money)

Soon after i was gridding the area the best i could , which is difficult due to cut trees , brush and fallen branches. But soon i hit two more buttons (a small flat one and another designed dandy) and then got another sweet sounding coin-like target and after digging 7 inches a large copper disk shown itself .

not a bad haul for the first stop

the second stop was a cabin site that was very choked off with ferns earlier in the year , unfortunately we did a pretty good job of finding everything last visit . I did get a possible merchant token that had the name Brooks stamped into it (its in the above picture on the lower right) and here it is cleaned up with the real .

the last stops were at close by sites that were pretty hammered to death where i only squeaked out a couple of saddle strap guide escutcheons .

Here are the real and the copper cleaned up , while the copper there is an improvement its still a bit rough but i was able to get a 1734 date .

Thanks for reading all , get out there before the dreaded white stuff covers the ground !!

Dan