Thread: Theres gold in them mountains!!!

Threaded View

Theres gold in them mountains!!!

Theres gold in them mountains!!!
    Well we decided to go out and try our luck at finding some gold yesterday at an old mining site we did find a little bit but nothing too great, this was the first time out with the v-3i in prospect mode, I didnt find the gold that we found, my partner found it with his mxt, but I checked it out with the v-3i and it sounded off real sweet, while out hunting we ran into other gold hunters that were also using the v-3 and are loving it. I am still learning this great machine and now I just have one more feature to learn, I read the manual again trying to learn more about the prospecting mode and I was once again disapointed in the lack of information about this feature .

I was running the stock prospecting program with the rx gain maxed out and even with the bad soil we have here it ran smooth.

I can tell you though if I were looking for nails I'd be very rich right now LOL.

the gold was kind of like flakes and came to about 4 penney weights worth.

Next trip I hope to do better, anybody have any good hints or sugestions on how to hunt using the prospect mode I can use all the help i can get since this is new to me.
    [img][/img]

sarge
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge