Well Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful spring day for here in Connecticut . My digging partner Trooper Bri and I decided to search for a new site , then to hit a nearby follow up hunt on one we did a couple of weeks ago . This new site was in an unlikely spot down a large hill near a couple of converging streams , sitting on an overlooking small knoll. it was a very secluded and nice looking area .

right off the bat my DFX was hitting on buttons , I just got the machine back from a "tune up" from whites and it was preforming very noticeably different.

One was a huge dandy with design

Another was a bit smaller and most of the others were plain. After a few hours I had about 10 or more buttons and the analysis to this site was it had been "cherry picked" . Someone at some time detected here and took all the high vdi targets and left the lower (shot gun sounding) ones.

So we hit a nearby site that ha given Brian a latten spoon and a 1722 hibernia copper a couple of weeks ago . this site has tons of swing room but is very quiet (its been hit before too) . I managed to get a few buttons and a decent leather "blinker" ( a brass adornment fastened to a saddle , reigns or even a shoulder belt) but my find of the day here was and early copper .

Its a 1723 "Wood's" Hibernia ( King George Ist Irish half Penny)

We stopped at a last minute cellar for about an hour and a half to net me about another 10 buttons or more and I finished the day with a nice tally of about 25 buttons .

Thanks for looking .

Dan