Thread: Group hunt with the Digger Duo, hiluxyota, Drew and Del - 3.26

Threaded View

Group hunt with the Digger Duo, hiluxyota, Drew and Del - 3.26

I too have been reminded I've been quiet here lately, so I'll start posting up, and get some past digs up too.

Like the title states, got together with Dan for the usual Saturday dig, plus some friends.I'm not going to give away anyone's finds other than mine. I will say this though, mission accomplished. Don, Alec, and Tom walked out of the woods with the 1600's and 1700's in their pockets!
    We hit a total of 7 holes if my count is correct. 1 thru 5 had been detected hard, #6 did pretty good, and #7 coughed up a few goodies.

Holes 2 and 3 were close to each other, and near the lip of #3 came my copper for the day. A KGII. The date is rough, but it looks like 1737 maybe. In the field next to this cellar hole I also got a wonderful L C 8 2 rifle casing spill @ 11 inches. Had to have been 15 or 16 of them. I was sure it was going to be a buckle. To the hunter who did that years ago, well played sir....

Name:  KGObvClean.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  KGRevClean.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  56.1 KB
    Spot 4 and 5 were a bust as well, but spot 6 looked good as it had no trails or roads near it. This is where Don, Alec, and Tom joined the Colonial Club.
    I managed the lead whizzer toy, thimble, broken tombac, and crusty looking button here. I thought it was tombac initially. If it is, it's a poor alloy and it's not cleaning well and feels rough.
    Last hole of the day got me that fancy 2-piece button with an iron back just seconds after ground balancing. I also managed half of a shoe buckle frame and some mystery hinge looking thing IIRC.

Name:  CleanGroup.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  ButtonClean.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  47.4 KB

It was great to see these guys experience New England cellar hole hunting, and glad I got to meet them. I hope they do well with the permissions while they're up here. Thanks for a fun day Dan!
    Last edited by Trooper Bri; 03-27-2016 at 09:07 PM.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy