Yesterday Trooper Bri (Brian) and I set out to hit four or five cellar sites . After hiking about a good mile to one it was apparent that someone beat us to it , nothing but a few scraps after a couple of hours of swinging . Sight two was a long slow 4wheel drive to get close to followed by a 15 minute bushwacking hike as no roads went to it . We immediately saw the cellar type hole in the side of the hillside then noticed a large cabin foot print about 15 yards away.

We both almost instantly started hitting buttons , then more buttons , tombacs both large and small , dandies were showing up . Game on !!

we got to this site late (around 11 am) and after 2 hours i had quite a few finds !!

some of the dandy buttons uncleaned

nice large dirty tombac button

and cleaned up it has a nice "machine etched" design , too bad it was broken when found .

and lastly this nice surprise large late colonial period "slim frame" shoe buckle frame . these types of frames because of their massive size and thin delicate construction usually break (i have quite a few fragments) because of load stress. It was great to finally get a whole frame

and finally the Dave Wise "fungus of the day "

Brian and I never made it out to any of the other sites planned for that day , but neither of us mined or wanted to leave this site

Dan