Here are a few pics of my finds from the last week or so. Been finding lots of Buffs lately during my lunch break at a near by park. I am at 21 buffs for the year which is a record for me. The first pic has a interesting locket type of thing that I thought was a marble at first but soon realized it was not. It opened up and in it were a couple deteriorated pcs of paper and on the back of one it says "Dick". I assume there were a couple pictures in it.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  143.6 KB
Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 120
Size:  81.5 KB
Name:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  100.4 KB

The fatty is an 1863 that I found in a field site behind my house. I have hit it many times over the past 5 years and was very happy to pull this out of the ground.

The BUST...well this came last Saturday. This unfortunately is not a Capped Bust or a Draped Bust type of "bust". So Digger Don and his son Digger Al and their friend Noah (Tim) came all the way from Illinois to visit me and do some detecting. We planned to hunt ALL day on Saturday so I did some research and found some old homesites in the bean fields to try first. Unfortunately none of them were harvested by Saturday morning even though I did get permission at one of them. We drove into an old town that I have done extremely well in over the years (especially in the parks) and we started door knocking almost right away. I got the first permission and the 2nd hole gave me a 1941 merc...my only silver for the day. Out of the 12 permissions that we received only 2 produced any silver and we found zero Indians! These streaks happen to everyone from time to time and although we all had a good time I was disappointed in how the day played out...especially for the guys who drove 5 hours to visit me. Digger Don had a couple cool silver finds that I am sure he will share eventually.

Well I hope to get out to the fields that I researched earlier. Maybe I can then have a post entitled "Bust" and it be the kind of Bust we all enjoy.

Thanks for coming to visit me Don, Al and Tim! Thanks for digging all of the darn Canadian pennies so I do not have to. Hope to see you guys again maybe in Ohio or Illinois.