Thread: My boy finds his oldest coin, I find an awesome ring!

Threaded View

My boy finds his oldest coin, I find an awesome ring!

I took my 4 kids to a park to give my wife some alone time to do some writing last Saturday. Of course I brought the detectors and as the kids played I was digging up treasure. My first good find was a sterling silver military sharp shooter badge. I am guessing from the 1940s to the 1960s? I also found a 1942 merc. Then my coil swept across a very high pitch tone on the surface and when I looked down I saw a ring. I called my girls over to pick it up for me as I knew they would enjoy that since they love jewelry. It is marked 925 on the inside but I am not sure what the stone is. It is a very very dark blue stone and I am guessing that it is synthetic and not a natural stone.

Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 148
Size:  40.9 KB
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  35.8 KB

Sunday afternoon I took my youngest boy to a field site that I had hoped to go to with the Illinois guys. This place is in a public park so it may have been detected in the past. My first hole gave me an 1892 indian and Ashton's first hole gave him an 1859 Canadian large cent! I also found a suspender clip that has a patent date of Nov 1st 1870. We were only there about an hour so we need to go back.

Name:  FullSizeRender (2).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  79.6 KB

Yesterday during my lunch break I found a war nik and an Illinois Tax Token. Wonder if Digger Don planted it to get even with me for all of those Canadian pennies that sound like silver dimes? This is a small token but it sounded like a silver too.

Name:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 162
Size:  108.8 KB

Thanks for looking! Jared
    Last edited by Bucknut; 10-31-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)