Thread: **UPDATED** 4th time hunting musket ball hill... Awesome relics!

Threaded View

**UPDATED** 4th time hunting musket ball hill... Awesome relics!

Hey diggers,
    Today after work I went back up to "my hill." It's only a half mile away so it takes about 2 minutes to drive there. I park at the bottom and then follow one of the hiking trails up the hill for a bit and then I leave the trail and start swinging the coil as I work uphill. I found a SUPER hot spot today! The targets were only 5 or 6 feet apart. I'm pretty sure this was a muster area but maybe for local citizens. I have not found any military related items but I have found over 70 musket balls!

The first good find of the evening was a very decorative watch winder. It has glass "stones" all around the edge. I'm hoping it's 1700s but I don't know how to determine the dates of watch winders. Next I hit 3 buttons in a row and then 2 buckles in a row! Oh boy was I stoked! The shoe buckle is very early (maybe late 1600s) and the other buckle I don't know what kind it is. Any ideas from you guys? Anyway, here's some pics and thanks for looking. HH, Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Full Metal Digger; 04-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger