Thread: Finally Got Internet So Let's Catch up With My Finds From May

Threaded View

Finally Got Internet So Let's Catch up With My Finds From May

Hey Diggers,
    May has been a good month for me! I have found another French campsite from the 1793 battles, a Roman site, plus another medieval coin or two. I also have another Bronze Age item that is just simply gorgeous. Lots of pictures. I hope you enjoy them!

The sickle blade is not a rare find. Google "double knob sickle blade" to see other examples online. A Bronze Age axe is next on my dream list!

The two rings are French and were found in the French camp from 1793. The blue stone is glass and there are Fleur-de-Lis symbols on the side. The other ring has 3 Crusader Crosses. Both were found about 50 feet apart but probably not lost by the same soldier.

The clay pipe is late 1700s and was also found in the camp. It was about 1 foot deep and the copper wind cap was still attached and that is how I found it!

I'm very disappointed that my first Roman coins look so bad. The soil is very acidic here and doesn't show much mercy to copper coins.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                  
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger