What a wonderful day it was for detecting! No unbearable heat or humidity to deal with. I took advantage and headed back to the Boston park where I dug up 18 silver coins the last time I was there. I picked up from where I had left off the last time, working the trashier areas of the park in an attempt to pick up what silver there may be hiding just below the layer of trash. This time I managed to coax 14 silver coins out of the ground, two of them half dollars.

These alone would have made the trip worthwhile.

It's always a pleasure to see the larger silver coins pop out of the ground. Two more Washington quarters added to the pile.

The ten silver dimes are dated 1912, 1934, 1941, 1942-D, 1943, 1945, 1946, 1949, 1950, and 1951.

I also dug about 26 wheat cents.

I had to clean this one up a bit in order to make out some details. It's a 1944 Australian penny. It's the size of a half dollar.

This World War I Victory Medal is larger than a half dollar. Information on the medal can be found HERE.

These finds are from a short Saturday hunt at a small park I hit after shallow water detecting that morning.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

HH!