Thread: Propointer modification

Threaded View

Candidate Member

Propointer modification

Thanks to Cybersage and to my recent meeting with Herm, I've been using the coin on the shaft of the Propointer to increase the sensitivity. I've been frustrated with holding a coin on the shaft of the Propointer and when I set it down the coin has to be found in the grass, etc. So I've placed a piece of bicycle tube on the Propointer which holds my dime or whatever in place all the time. The tube allows easy movement of the coin both forwards and back to sensitize the Propointer. Note that you have to have the coin moved back when starting up the Propointer or it's sensitivity will not be increased.

When you move the coin forward to start the Propointer signal, releasing pressure causes the tube to pull the coin back again a little bit which is pretty close to what you need to start probing.

I cut the tubing long enough to cover the speaker on the Propointer to cut down some of the volume (not much, though) and add a bit of moisture resistance. The on/off switch is also covered but the tube allows you to work it as usual.

Attached Images Attached Images     
    White's DFX newbie