Thread: Unexpected hunt

Threaded View

Unexpected hunt

Was just expecting to go over a friends house and tag some targets with the E Trac to see if we could get his DFX to respond better to iron mixed targets. But it turns out another friend wanted to see how we were doing and also offered to let me detect a couple of 1700's houses I promply said NO rofl Yeah right lol So after a couple of quick comparisons, we scooted over to the first house and it was a real nice colonial. Of course they were hit before, especially with that date on the door But the ground was perfect and there were some targets left in the front yard. Got me the 1900 Barber dime right off the bat at about 7 Yes Angel, even a blind squirrel gets a few nuts lol So I figured there may be hope. Nothing for a while and then a pulltab / shot gun kinda reading at 4 I dig it all at old sites, so I was really surprised to get a first year Fattie Indian (1859) Soon after an identical target and out comes an 1858 Flying Eagle Right after that another 1858 Flying Eagle Ahhh heaven 61 degrees out and an owner of a house that says, that's great and let's me continue. <: Got a bunch of early wheats, some memorials and other stuff and finally in the trashy back of the house I got a 1746 George II Half Penny at 4 The other house wasn't much to show, but a couple of Wheats and a thimble, but I didn't stay there too long even though the date was around the early 1700's. I don't understand how the two houses could be so different. It was like night and day between them. EMI, trash and ground makeup were complete opposites and the houses were only about 100 feet apart I left the square nails in the picture because each one of them should have been silver rofl The crooked ones get me every time I can't thank Bob enough for letting me detect those two places and Mike for detecting his house. It was a very unexpected day. I can finally move that copper count and silver count up lol
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold