Thread: short cellar hunt & 1920's home hunt

Threaded View

short cellar hunt & 1920's home hunt

2 days ago went for a short cellar hole hunt.a iron buckle,a small D type buckle and a large squared nail or spike.
    i was studying the iron buckle and it sure makes ya think how much time was put into making one of these.i used to dismiss them as junk but now i can appreciate some colonial blacksmith banging and forming this with tongs and a hammer on a anvil.just look at the V type groove where the buckle pin is supposed to lay in and they had to hammer the buckle pin around the buckle to make it swivel.just a thought to ponder sometime
    the way stuff is made today we forget what real craftmanship was like back in the day

fast forward>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

so today i went back to a home that gave up a few mercs in the past and slowed down and took my time.i was suprised at all the coins still in the yard.
    a 1943-P silver war nickel,a 1919 buffalo nickel,a TK token good for 5 cents.(gotta ask my dad about this token as he remembers all these local tokens as a kid) a load of wheaties in the bottom part of total finds pic and a neat WW II bronze distinguished flying medal.
    the rest was clad.
    dave
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button