I have always had good luck with the ground Tracking on The V3. I have favored having Ground Tracking turned on with a lower Speed setting of 20. I hunt mostly park like environments and older school grounds. Recently I ventured out onto a grass parkway strip. There was a series of light poles and I could see the power cable ran underground right along the curb. I had to turn down the sensitivity setting to accommodate the EMI issues in this area. As I started digging coins and pinpointing I noticed the 3 frequency pinpoint was not representing the coins properly. The 2.5 kHz response would drop and the 22.5 kHz would creep up. I would re-ground balance and it would read correctly again. A lot of other V3 users on the forums would use Locktrac when hunting, so I gave this a try. The ground balance stopped drifting and the coins continued to pinpoint correctly for the remainder of the hunt. I have since used the Locktrac setting turned on in my hunts. Things are sure a lot quieter and I am still finding the good stuff. So I was interested in others experiences with ground tracking, and when/when not to use it. I recheck my ground balance every once in a while while hunting as recommended. So is ground auto tracking really necessary in yard and park environments? Lets here what you think on this subject, and what your experiences are.

Jack