I am planning on getting a Whites V3i sometime in the spring and have read alot about the machine. Coming from the MXT it does seem a bit overwhelming at times but I am ready for one anyway. . I know the answer to this question is probably shorter then the question itself but what i was wondering as i have been reading about this machine are things like VCO needing to be turned on to be able to pinpoint better because it is set to off from the factory. Now with that being said without getting into frequencies, gain, tx boost and so forth which i know are settings that will need to be adjusted as a user learns.
What are the other pitfalls such as the VCO that a newbe would not know without happening on to the information does a new owner need to know just to be able to hunt moreso out of the box in a programmed mode without getting into the other adjustments?
I am aware that when i say out of the box could mean my soil allows it according to factory presets and someone elses might not meaning other things might have to be adjusted to quiet the machine, get filter or recovery delay vs sweep speed correct.