I decided to play with my 5900 Di Pro today while the V3i's battery charges, and I quickly found that for a buried target, even at less than 4, needed a weed whacker speed to get a reading. The 5900, while using the 950 coil, worked well with a surface coin at a reasonable slow speed, yet the coins I buried at 3-4 would only read if I did the weed whacking, so any coins at say 6-9 will mean a gold swing, assuming that depth influences swing speed with the 5900. It runs a frequency 6.59KHz, so I took the V3i, using the 6x10DD coil, and I set it to a single frequency of 7KHz, then tested the buried 3-4 coins, and it worked at way less of a swing speed compared to the 5900 with the 950 coil.

A friend once scolded me when swinging the 5900 so fast, but I know that swing speed was the methodology I'd used over the months. Sure, the buried coins aren't a true test of a MDr's ability, but you'd think that the vast difference in swing speed would not be right. What am I missing? The freq delta is only 400 KHz between the two units with the V set to 7Khz. Tia Martin