Thread: CO visit and the elusive Gold

Threaded View

CO visit and the elusive Gold

Had a quick trip back to Denver for my work, so got to head out on three separate days/hunts with Mel and had Pipster along for two days/hunts. What a great time we had! Mel, as usual, was quite the host for his incredible hunting grounds around Denver. I still find myself amazed at the sheer amount of areas to hunt in and around Denver. I cannot tell you the total number of huge totlots we have hit on my two visits to Denver but we have not hit any of them twice... it is simply amazing to me compared to what we have available in my neck of the woods....

The hope was to find some of that elusive (for me) Colorado gold... but once again Denver sent me home without it.... It was very nice in that it sent me home with silver for the second time..... and in my book that works out just fine... Guess that means I just gotta go back again...

Our first afternoon out I had one of those please be real moments when I uncovered a bling ring...
    Just enough of a flash of yellow to make your heart skip a beat. This baby has 66 stones in it.... to bad it's not the real thing... lol

The second day out we started at amost dark and hit a bunch of places. At one of the stops I uncovered another glimpse of yellow.... this time it turned out to be a reale letdown rofl As in a fake spanish Reale....Found a couple more cheapie rings. The last place we hunted that night offered up a nice little siver necklace and was my find of the night.

The next afternoon before I had to catch my flight, we were back at it working it hard trying one last time for another good score. Found 7 rat tokens in one hole but I had the big fish of the day...as you can see in the picture.... rofl

Hope you enjoy the pictures... Thanks for looking!

Mel, I appreciate the time hunting together again... I wish you continued success in your quest for the gold and all the silver Denver can muster up for you. Enjoyed hunting with you and your sidekick Pipster. You guys keep hitting it hard and keep the pictures coming...love to see the gold even when we don't find it... |)

Totals for the hunts:
    1 Dollar Coin
    22Q
    24D
    14N
    64P
    3 Cheapie Rings
    Silver necklace/Pendant
    125 clad coins @ $10.24
    Attached Images Attached Images