Been on 3 outings since I last posted on the Fisher F5. thumbsup01
Learning the numbers and VDI screen setup and I like it very much. Really like the big numbers and rarely have to use the pinpoint mode--the coil is thin enough to get a good signal and while swinging back and forth move the coil forward and backwards to get the center of the target.

Learned how to ground balance a bit better and now it doesn't take as long to set the GB, the threshold, the gain and then start swinging the coil.

I have been going to totlots and then searching some of the grass areas in the local parks digging up some clad.
The F5 hits solid and loud on Zincs, copper pennies, dimes and quarters. Copper pennies are 69-70. Haven't found too many nickels. I have the DISC set to disc out iron and dig everything else above iron. The Zincs number is 59 or 60 --depends on how many I already found, but I usually dig them.

In the 5 outings with it, I haven't searched in old coin areas yet, but have dug 267 clad coins in totlots and the grass for a total of $31.67 so far. No pics----do you really want to see dirty clad coins

This is the perfect totlot detector --- lightweight, good sized VDI numbers ( for us older vision impared folks--otherwise know as blind-as-a bat ) and does sound solidly and steady on coin targets. Haven't located any jewelry items yet, but I bet it will find them as well as it does coins.
I just have to get my coil over some to find some 8/