Thread: Loss of a Friend, along with motivation

Threaded View

Loss of a Friend, along with motivation

Howdy Folks!
    I've lost quite a bit of motivation for metal detecting of late. Oh, I've done some hunting and made some good finds. I have all manner of cups and containers with coins and jewelry sitting on my desk and a nearby table, but just ain't had much enthusiasm for taking photos to show anything off.

Part of that loss of motivation lies in the loss of a friend. His name was Pyewackett, and he was a really beautiful Russian Blue. He was a loving animal and over the past few weeks, we've seen his health decline at an alarming rate. Finally it became evident that we no longer were doing any kindness by keeping him alive. He wasn't enjoying his final days. There came a day when I held him in my arms, stroked his fur and spoke gently in his ear. When I set him down on the floor, he wobbled and eventually just dropped to the floor, unable to support what was left of his weight.

We faced the inevitable truth, he was dying. We took him to the vet that day, knowing he wouldn't be returning with us. My wife cried, and I couldn't help part with a few tears of my own. He was an incredible pal and the love he brought into our home is sorely missed. His remains will be cremated and returned to us in an urn that we will keep here for the time being.

Another part of my loss of motivation lies in the fact that I do not like conflict. I hope I treat everyone as I would like to be treated. I sincerely hope I treat others with respect and dignity. Too often, however, folks are all too ready to be unkind and callous. I don't understand that sort of thing, but give as good as I get when I'm put-upon. Perhaps my loss of Pyewackett rendered me hypersensitive, but I feel things pretty keenly these days. We can all learn something from a creature such as I've lost. He gave his love without condition, did not judge my failings (which are many indeed) and was always a comfort when life filled with turbulence. He accepted human beings and other critters just as they were. He never was demanding or combative. He was a wonderful friend.

As his final weeks made clear we wouldn't have him in our family much longer, I just didn't want to be away from home hunting for trinkets of gold or silver. I didn't want to be out at some site with my detector only to receive a call from home that he'd passed away. I wanted to be there for him, and it is of some small comfort that I was there for him when his final moment came.

So you see, I am really sad about this loss and somewhat disspirited with things in general when it comes to forums. Perhaps this too will pass. I just don't know how.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Quarters = 123
    Nickels = 60
    Dimes = 104
    Pennies = 246
    Half Dollars =
    Dollar Coins = 3
    Total Coins = 535
    Gold Sale 2/5/13 = $25.50
    YTD = $73.21