Thread: 28 unspent Cavalry Colt .45 Pistol Rounds?...In One Hole!!!

Threaded View

28 unspent Cavalry Colt .45 Pistol Rounds?...In One Hole!!!

OK this is weird! I went back to my new hunting area near an old Fort. I spent 7 hours hunting with not much to show for it except a buckle and some old spent rifle cartridges. I decided to try another area about a half mile away. The first thing I found is what looked like an old hatchet head? Not sure. Then I found a spent rifle casing presumably from a deer hunter as there was a tree stand in the immediate vicinity. It was hot so I started walking back to the truck while I was swinging my coil and I got an iffy signal bouncing between +36 and +52. So I was thinking it was going to be another casing when out pops an unfired pistol round, completely intact. It was too hot to do the happy dance so I closed my eyes and imagined myself dancing around in my head. I checked the hole and it was clear. I got up, walked about three feet and my V3I was singing. I dug another 28 unspent pistol rounds from the same hole. Can you say two Cache finds in two hunts? :icon_pirat: So after I cleared the hole I walked the remaining 10 FEET BACK TO MY TRUCK!
    So here are the pictures. Thanks for looking. HH
    Attached Images Attached Images