got up early today to hit some colonial sites with Coinnut , he wanted to hit an old cellar that was really good to him years back . after a good jeep ride into the woods we could go no further so we hoofed it for another 1/4 to 1/2 mile we made it to a nice big colonial with lots of area.

the once virgin site was pretty devoid of targets just a few small buttons was our reward after many hours. so we headed up the road and hit another large site .this is where i found this little fella

with again little results , so we drove to a nearby area that had about two more large colonials with large fields and George an i went to work . after a few more hours i headed down to the last cellar

and began to work a steep bank . half way up i got a great target ( the best of the day ) but it wasn't very deep , maybe on a the steep grade it doesn't have to be , i thought. at about 2 1/2 inches it was an aluminum can end >:{ >:/ what the @$!% is this here for , the detecting gods were making sport of me lol rofl . i continued up the grade for two reasons , 1. most people don't do them and 2. i wanted to see the top as i have never been up there and wanted to hit the area above the cellar . i reached the top of the grade and worked a small area overlooking the cellar then i got a beautiful coin sounding target and a solid +88 - +89 on my dfx stretcher: . before i got to excited i pinpointed it and it pegged at 6 inches and i'm thinking this could be a nice goodsized piece of silver . after i pull a 3 inch plug out i start to dig in the nice soft dirt with my hand after a little dirt i pull this out

just by their color i knew there could be more in the hole

6 coppers all stacked on top of each other not just a copper spill but a real colonial copper spill they are a 1774 King George III (counterfiet) , 4 1787 fugio coppers ( sorry Angel i just had to beat your two in one day record ) and a 1788 New Jersey state copper (maris 67-v. variety common type).

oh yeah i did the dance happydance02 <:

heres all the goodies 5 buttons a shoe buckle frame and the coppers , their pretty green so it might be awhile before their cleaned first i have to id them , but i keep you all posted with more pictures of the progress.HH

Dan