To me, there would be an uncomfortable aspect, or at least unconfortable moment, when hunting with a partner, especially a new partner. Say you are going to an old homestead, so of course there will be hot spots like the front porch steps and trees with roots uncovered, just to name a couple. So, who decides who get to search the very first spot right out of the starting gate? You see where I am coming from? I haven't hunted with a partner except by brother one time, and he clobbered me by hitting the porch steps quickly...spent most all of his time there while did more searching for signals that digging. I can see the uneasyness from both sides though. Nobody wants to have very little fun because thay aren't at the prime location(s), and the one hunting those spots should in a way feel kinda uneasy that they are getting the action. Are there gentlemen's agreements with detecting with a partner?

Is there a protocol like flipping a coin? Do you run a race(joke?) You may only have one hunt site that day, so how is it decided? martin