This past Saturday was the first day in about 6 weeks that the wife and I could get out and hunt. It has been unusually cold and snowy here this winter. We spent a good portion of the day in our usual woods. I found a few wheaties, a 41 nickle, a Buffalo nickle and 1 modern nickle along a currently used path. I was also happy to dig a 1918s Merc. It's pretty worn but it fills a hole in my collection so I'll take what I can get.

The wife found 12 wheaties and a child's adjustable ring. The ring has a lightening bolt on the side and is probably from the 40's. Maybe Flash Gordon? There is a space in the center where something used to be but is now missing.

I also found a chain bracelet or possible part of a necklace. The chain appeared to originally be gold colored but it is not gold. Some of the gold plating it still visible.

Pics:
Wife's finds on top, mine on bottom.

I am trying a deep silver program for my XLT and like it so far. It also seems to be good for finding nickles. I adjusted the discrimination settings on it today in hopes of finding a ring at a local park. Alas, no ring but about $4.00 in clad. One hole had 5 quarters in it!

Clad finds today: