ok so this is how it is.
i made a post a few weeks ago about my friend larry being pulled up by the superintendent for parks and rec in wethersfield and told he cant metal detect on town property and after asking you lot and looking at town and state rules we could find nothing to stop us detecting in the town .
anyway,ive just been pulled up by the same women (kathie bagly) and told the same thing.
i brought it to her attention that there was nothing in the town or state rules that says we cant metal detect on the land,her answer to me was i am not about to let you dig holes in MY parks !!!.
she also said that there does not have to be any rules wrote down state/town or otherwize in order to stop me detecting, these are bloody parks for pities sakes.
i told her we pick a lot of cans,pulls,and rubbish out of the ground and throw it in our own rubbish bins when we get home so we are acturly doing good work to......it fell on deff ears.
on my way back home i spoke to a policeman who is directing traffic on my street and he informed me that i cannot get fined in anyway for detecting becouse there is no rule about detecting.
so where does this leave me and larry ? do we call her bluff and keep detecting ?
as i say we and others on this site have looked into this extensivly and can find nothing in any rules.
there is no ordenance on the parks,no sighns saying we cant.
im an englishman living in the usa and i know rules here are differant but can someone please put this to bed for me one way or another....pleaseeeeeee.
hoping one of you fine nerds can help us with this coz im running into brick walls.

thanks
lee