Thread: 1st etrac hunt

Threaded View

1st etrac hunt

Hi gang! I've had only Whites machines for the past 6 years. I've had all the latest and greatest ones. I ended up selling the MXT, TDI, V3i and DFX. The M6 is still my favorite but after 6 years it needed to go in for repair. Depth and ID has been spotty at best and a few weeks ago the screen went blank. It was sent in about 2 weeks ago. I should get it back by the end of the month. In the meantime I was left with my prizm 2 as backup. Good machine but I wanted more.
    After hearing all the good things about the Etrac and seeing all the great finds people have been digging, I decided to get one to see what all the hype is about. I took it out this morning for its first run. I kept it in coin mode for today just to get the feel for the sounds. I went to an old park I've been to 4923 time before with the M6 and found some pennies and a deep but not too old button. Then I went to a school and cleaned up some of the clad and a single wheatie.
    I'm going to like this machine. Its kind of like the M6 with the tones but it does go deeper. I was digging quarters and dimes at 9 inches that were loud and clear. Seemed like it could still pick up items further than that. The sound was strong.
    I'll stick with the stock coin program for a week or so then load in a cool deep program and hit 1 of my favorite over hunted spots.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Having fun is what it is all about!