Thread: So many bottlecaps, pulltabs and other........

Threaded View

So many bottlecaps, pulltabs and other........

.... JUNK !!!!!!!That you don't want to hear all the bad target soundsthinkingabout:
    Neither does anyone else so they move to a different area that is cleaner with less trash..

That is GREAT news for some of us who occaisionally want to find older coins, in the older parks.
    Yes there is many years of trash thrown all over the park and some of it just as old as when the park was 1st used.
    By gridding a small section--220 foot and slowing down your swing speed and setting your DISC just above iron, these areas CAN suprise you.

Of course you have to dig every signal no matter what.......but in between the years of trash and junk, and under all the shallow trash, there is a very strong possibility of old coins that nobody has dug up yet.
    We know digging up metal trash is boring----------BUT-----you never know what will be in the ground until you dig it up and see it !!!!!!!!!!

In such an 220 ft square area I dug bottlecap after bottlecap...pulltab after pulltab...junk pieces of metal after junk pieces of metal for 1 1/2 hours in a 20 ft.X20 ft. section of a 1940's park. I did this in 2 separate parks this morning using my Fisher F5.

These parks have been hunted and hunted by a good number of very good detectorists.
    I got over $9 in clad (94 coins others didn't get----- late 1960's to early 1970's clad) AND ---7 wheats
    [attach=1]

and a silver dime.

[attach=2]

Just in a 220 section of 2 separate parks. I bet there is lots more still hidden under all the trash.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin