I have some time today, so I decided to show my appreciation for this MD site. I was introduced to this site a few years ago by del. I use to go on the Western/ Eastern Forum but I felt lost in a over crowed forum. This site is a site where most of the people know each other by name and even Detect together at times. You can always rely on answered questions and alot of friendly comments on finds of the day and month. On the other site I would post something and in just one day it would be lost among the other large amount of posts. The bigger finds get the attention and the smaller ones get very little replies. Here every find is commented on and there isn't a lack of experience or effort to research someones What is it finds.
When I was healthy, I came here to proudly show my finds and always received great comments. When I was gone from the site and returned, I was welcomed back with encouraging comments.
Although I do more looking than posting, it's enjoyable to see all the great finds here. I like the What Is It section to figure out puzzling finds. It's helped me to identify some of my prior finds and it gives me a chance to make a guess at what others are stumped on. Everyone has been very helpful and friendly. My goal is to get back from sitting on the sidelines to doing more detecting so I can get excited again about a hobby that I have come to enjoy more than any that I have been into in the past. I have learned so much from a historical standpoint and have a world of experiences under my belt. I have Dan to thank for that and hope to do more detecting in the near future so I can post my finds again and receive alot of comments on and ideas from a detecting site with alot of great members that care.