Thread: Golden Gate Park Finds Jan 30th

Threaded View

Golden Gate Park Finds Jan 30th

Hey Guys,
    This is my first post on this forum. Kudos to the administrators. The look and feel of the site is nice, and the posts have been very informative so far.

Lately there's been a run on finding Seated dimes in Godlen Gate Park (GGP), but I thought it best to show what we normally get after 6-8 hours of hard labor :bangahead01:. A few of us met at GGP yesterday with M.T. and I starting around 10AM. We hunted Little Rec (the smaller ball field) for most of the day, then I moved on to greener pastures after the rest called it quits. I'm not giving up, but I tell you its getting harder and harder to find silver in GGP. I found the 1963 D Roosie just before dark, and man am I ever grateful The 1950's Wheaties were surface finds, probably exposed due all this rain we've been having. The 1957 D is interesting because its been cut to the size of a dime. My understanding is kids used to do that in order to fool the vending machine into taking it as a dime (those were the days). lol

So this concludes my Jan hunts, my silver tally thus far for the year 1 Washington, 4 Mercs, 1 Roosie, after 33-hours with my E-Trac. Just one more wheat than silver so far, but I'm sure that'll begin to decline unless I have another multiple silver day. Happy hunting everyone!

-Alex
    Attached Images Attached Images